This technical document provides a work around for the CA ARCserve D2D r16.0 installation failure with a Return Code 101.
Installation of CA ARCserve D2D r16.0 fails with a Return Code 101. This problem happens when there is another application using previous version of tomcat(say tomcat 5.5) is installed on the machine and the path in CATALINA_HOME environment variable points to tomcat 5.5.
The following error can be seen in the D2D.log.
Information in D2D.Log
2011-10-20 11:33:30 InstallService Begin
2011-10-20 11:33:30 Launch the file ('C:\Program Files\CA\ARCserve D2D\TOMCAT\BIN\ServiceInstall.bat') to install the service.
2011-10-20 11:33:30 returncode:0,101
2011-10-20 11:33:30 Fatal Error: The service installation failed. ErrorCode:0,101
2011-10-20 11:33:30 InstallService End
Work Around to get the product installed
- Try the steps given below,
- 1. Open command line console.
- 2. Change the environment variable of 'CATALINA_HOME' by:
- Set CATALINA_HOME_BAK=% CATALINA_HOME%
- Set CATALINA_HOME=
- 3. Manually launch setup from command line. Assuming that your DVD drive is X:, you need to run X:\install\MasterSetup.exe.
- 4. After installation done please change the environment variable 'CATALINA_HOME' back:
- Set CATALINA_HOME=% CATALINA_HOME_BAK%
- Set CATALINA_HOME_BAK=
- If the installation problem continues and fails with return code 101, then follow the steps below,
Make a note of the value for the CATALINA_HOME environment variable(take a screenshot as well) and delete the CATALINA_HOME environment variable. Then install CA ARCserve D2D r16.0. After the installation, recreate the CATALINA_HOME environment variable and set the value as it was before.
How to check the environment variable?
Goto Windows System Properties->Select Advanced Tab->Click 'Environment Variables'.
To check for the complete path:- Select CATALINA_HOME Environment Variable, drag the Value field or click on Edit.