Arcserve UDP v6.5 and Arcserve Backup 17.5 products require a online activation by from the product itself, and unlike previous versions it does not require traditional license keys anymore.The license certificate will not contain any license keys. We hence request you to go through this document on how to activate the product online.
What to avoid during Product Activation ?
- Do not use order Ids from previous versions to activate.
- When using GA versions of UDP 6.5 or ASBU 17.5, do not activate you product during the setup phase. You will be able to activate your product after installation is done and you have patched the product. Only UDP 6.5 Master WITH update 1 can be activated during setup.
What are the best practices to be followed during product activation?
Do use the new certificate’s Order ID and Fulfillment Number to activate your UDP 6.5 / UDP Appliance / Arcserve Backup 17.5 product. Note that each product UDP 6.5 & ASBU 17.5 need to be activated separately from their respective console.
Steps to follow inorder to activate any of the products:
- If it is an Arcserve UDP 6.0 upgrade to 6.5, or new 6.5 installation in UDP Appliance or software setup, please use UDP V6.5 Update 1 (a remastered build is available) before you proceed to the next step.
- Additionally please review https://arcserve.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002799246 if environment contains an underscore character in the FQDN (fully qualified domain name) and install Fix – P00000662 , P00000715 & P00000748 on top of UDP v6.5 GA instead of UDP v6.5 Update 1.
- If it is an Arcserve Backup please install prerequisite patch P00000697 before you proceed to the next step.
- Check our online documentation for all activation methods available
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Activation and Licensing :
- FAQ 1: Product documentation FAQ
- FAQ 2: Knowledge-base document FAQ
- UDP Activation video
- Complete steps to Install and activate the product
How to report a Product Activation Problem?
If you have any needs during activation – Please open a new ticket by emailing to email@example.com .