Please follow these steps to use the latest Arcserve UDP 6.5 software in your environment:
1.Existing customers: you need a new license certificate that lists UDP in version 6.5.
- Under active maintenance - fill this form for your free-of-charge upgrade: https://arcserve.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=49825 (link)
- Please include your original Order IDs plus any additional follow-up orders
2.Download and install Arcserve UDP 6.5 :
- Download: link
- Documentation: link (Upgrade Considerations can be found in the Release Notes)
- If you don’t yet have your new certificate, then simply skip the activation / registration screen during the setup, which will automatically start a fresh 30 day trial
3.To activate, start from within the installed v6.5 UDP Console
- Product Activation is via Help -> Activation and Licensing
- Use your Order ID and Fulfilment number from the new License Certificate for UDP 6.5
- Certificates with Arcserve UDP 6.0 do not work for that
- Certificates with Maintenance Renewal do not work either
- Activation works either online or offline. No license keys are required.
4.Activation only succeeds, once the activation link has been clicked in your activation email.
- Make sure you use an email that you have easy access to. This may be a different email than the one used during the purchase.