Please follow these steps to use the latest Arcserve UDP 6.5 software on your Appliance :
1.Request a new license certificate for UDP 6.5
- Fill this form: https://arcserve.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=49825 (link)
- Please include your original Appliance Order ID plus any follow-up orders (if your Appliance was upgraded)
2.Download and install Arcserve UDP 6.5 on your Appliance
- Download: link
- Documentation: link (Upgrade Considerations can be found in the Release Notes)
- During the installation, leave the activation screen empty and skip over it
3.Download and apply this patch:
- https://arcserve.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001087606--Solution-Activation-fails-for-Appliance-with-UDP-6-5 (link)
4.To activate and sign up, start from within the installed v6.5 UDP Console
- Product Activation is via Help -> Activation and Licensing
- This works either online or offline. No license keys are required.
5.Activation only succeeds, once the activation link has been clicked in your activation email.
- Make sure you use an email that you have easy access to. This may be a different email than the one used during the purchase.